Use these documents to help you set up your society and promote membership.
- JGS Programming PowerPoint v. 2011)
- Legislative Tool Kit For Records Access
- Conference Planning Guide
- Promote and Market Your Society
- IAJGS “Create a Local JGS” Manual
- JGS Membership Retention Presentation
- Template for Membership Brochure
- Start a JGS to Find the Past (article)
- IAJGS Ethics for Jewish Genealogists
- Guidelines for Effective Brainstorming
IAJGS Leadership Forum
The IAJGS Leadership Forum is a vehicle for discussion among the leaders of IAJGS member societies. Participation is restricted to presidents, newsletter editors, webmasters, and board members of of those societies plus such individuals as are nominated by the societies’ presidents or chairs, who should send their nominations to the Leadership Forum moderator. Archive of past posts is here.
Selected Websites of Genealogical Interest
For a compilation of links to useful websites related to genealogy, click here.
Yearbook of Jewish Genealogical Societies
The Yearbook of Jewish Genealogical Societies contains updated information about over one hundred organizations involved in Jewish genealogy, providing a synopsis of activities during the past year and the latest organizational contact information.
North American Jewish Community Books
This bibliography (click here to access) was compiled and edited by Hal Bookbinder & Joan Rimmon. It was included in Yearbook 2000, the syllabus of the 20th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy, July 2000, Salt Lake City. If you are aware of additional books to be added to this bibliography, please e-mail the information to Hal Bookbinder.