WALLHAUSEN, incorp. MICHELBACH an der Lücke 74599 Baden-Württemberg (Gerz, Peters).
DISTRICT: Schwäbisch Hall.
LOCATION OF CEMETERY: Gewann Judenwasen located to the north-west of village (Detail).
IN USE: From 1840 until 1939 (First funeral in 1841).
NUMBER OF GRAVESTONES: 273.
- 1986 photographs of 264 gravestones by Barbara Schwedler.
- 1990 photographs of all gravestones with mapping of graves by Zentralarchiv.
- 1991 complete cemetery documentation including above photographs by the Office for Historic Monuments (Landesdenkmalamt, ed. Frowald Gil Hüttenmeister).
- 1995 photographs of all gravestones by Heinz Illich (see Crailsheim).
- Numerous photographs of individual gravestones and general cemetery views in Alemannia Judaica.
- History by in Taddey 1992, page287.
- Photographs of several gravestones in Württemberg1932, page102.
- Eva Maria Kraiss/Marion Reuter: Bet Hachajim. Haus des Lebens. Jüdische Friedhofe in Württembergisch Franken. Künzelsau 2003. ISBN 3-89929-009-7(LBI).
- Prior to 1840 burials of Jews from the Michelbach community took place in the Schopfloch cemetery (Ansbach district) Taddey 1992, page251).
SOURCE: University of Heidelberg and Alemannia Judaica.
(Researched and translated from German January 2009)
To see information and photographs of individual gravestones in cemeteries in Baden-Wuerttemberg, click on this link and follow the directions on that page.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 04:53