Mission Statement: The International Jewish Genealogy Month honors our Jewish
ancestors through the pursuit of Jewish family history research.
IAJGS sponsors and supports IJGM and offers an annual poster contest which promotes the IJGM. The IJGM Poster submissions are due by June 20th each year.
From 1999 through 2006,
promoted Jewish Genealogy Month. In 2007, IAJGS took over the
promotion of this special month. It is our hope that our member
organizations will take advantage of the International Jewish
Genealogy Month to promote Jewish genealogy and publicize their
organization and its activities all over the world.
The International Jewish Genealogy month is celebrated during the
Hebrew month of Cheshvan. For 2012 the civil dates are
October 17 to November 14.
The IAJGS board has appointed an International Jewish Genealogy Month (IJGM) committee.
Annual Poster/Flyer Competition
The IAJGS holds an annual competition for a work to be used as
either a poster or flyer for announcing and celebrating the
International Jewish Genealogy Month. The winning poster/flyer is
unveiled each year at the IAJGS International Conference on Jewish
Genealogy. The artist creating the winning entry will receive free
registration for that conference. Click
or scroll down to send your nominations.
1. Poster/Flyer Design Requirements
- Size: Tabloid (11"x17")
- Bleeds or no bleeds are acceptable
A 3.5" x 3.5 area for the
and the URL "www.iajgs.org"
- A 3" x 5" blank area for local society name and contact
- The words "International Jewish Genealogy Month:
Cheshvan" plus the Hebrew and civil dates for the appropriate
- The words "Submitted by [name of IAJGS member
- The artist's signature
2. Who May Submit
- Only member organizations of the IAJGS may submit an
- The organization may submit more than one entry.
- The creator is not required to be a member of the member
- There is no age requirement for the creator.
- Each entry must be accompanied by the form below.
- Entries will not be returned.
3. Who Will Judge
Judging will be done solely by the International Jewish Genealogy
4. Submission Requirements
- The deadline is June 20 each year.
Each entry must be submitted as a JPG or PDF file via email
The required application information or completed
(below) must be included with each entry.
- You may include artist comments about the poster (this is
- If no entries are received by the deadline or no entries are
judged appropriate, the committee will solicit entries and
recommend one to the board for its approval.
5. Announcement of the Winner
The winning design will be announced at the annual
IAJGS International Conference and the winning entry will be
displayed publicly for the first time at the conference.
6. Release Form
The creator of each entry must sign a
(below) providing exclusive permission to IAJGS to make the poster
available in any format and to all those who wish to use it.
- The winning poster/flyer will be made available on the IAJGS
7. The Prize
The winning artist will receive free registration to
the IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy at which the
entry will be unveiled.
The following information about the society that is
submitting the entry must be provided:
Name of Society:
Name of Society President:
Contact Email Address:
I hereby grant the International Association of
Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) exclusive rights to use my
original work should my work, submitted for consideration in the
Jewish Genealogy Month poster/flyer competition, be declared the
Name of Artist:
Address of Artist:
Artist's Phone Number:
Artist's Email Address: