The IAJGS holds an annual competition for a work to be used as either a poster or flyer for announcing and celebrating the International Jewish Genealogy Month. The winning poster/flyer is unveiled each year at the IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy. The artist creating the winning entry will receive free registration for that conference.
1. Poster/Flyer Design Requirements
- Size: Tabloid (11"x17")
- Bleeds or no bleeds are acceptable
- A 3.5" x 3.5 area for the IAJGS logo and the URL "www.iajgs.org"
- A 3" x 5" blank area for local society name and contact information
- The words "International Jewish Genealogy Month: Cheshvan" plus the Hebrew and civil dates for the appropriate year
- The words "Submitted by [name of IAJGS member society]"
- The artist's signature
2. Who May Submit
- Only member organizations of the IAJGS may submit an entry
- The organization may submit more than one entry
- The creator is not required to be a member of the member organization
- There is no age requirement for the creator
- Each entry must be accompanied by the form below
- Entries will not be returned
3. Who Will Judge
Judging will be done solely by the International Jewish Genealogy Month Committee.
4. Submission Requirements
- The deadline is June 20 each year
- Each entry must be submitted as a JPG or PDF file via email attachment to the International Jewish Genealogy Month Committee
- The required application information or completed application form (below) must be included with each entry
- You may include artist comments about the poster (this is optional)
- If no entries are received by the deadline or no entries are judged appropriate, the committee will solicit entries and recommend one to the board for its approval
5. Announcement of the Winner
The winning design will be announced at the annual IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy and the winning entry will be displayed publicly for the first time at the conference.
6. Release Form
- The creator of each entry must sign a release form (below) providing exclusive permission to IAJGS to make the poster available in any format and to all those who wish to use it
- The winning poster/flyer will be made available on the IAJGS website
7. The Prize
The winning artist will receive free registration to the IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy at which the entry will be unveiled or will be given free access to the recorded sessions of the conference.
The following information about the society that is submitting the entry must be provided:
|Name of Society:||_________________________________________________________|
|Name of Society President:||_________________________________________________________|
|Contact Email Address:||_________________________________________________________|
I hereby grant the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) exclusive rights to use my original work should my work, submitted for consideration in the Jewish Genealogy Month poster/flyer competition, be declared the winning entry.
|Name of Artist:||_________________________________________________________|
|Address of Artist:||_________________________________________________________|
|Artist's Phone Number:||_________________________________________________________|
|Artist's Email Address:||_________________________________________________________|